Becoming a Member
Joining an Amazing Community
Being a member of the Kiwanis Club of Nassau is an excellent way to give back to various communities. We do together what one person cannot do alone. We have been in the Bahamas since 1962 as the first Kiwanis Club to be formed outside of the Continental Americas and Canada. If you love giving back and helping others, then Kiwanis is the organization for you. Join us today!
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
2. Attend a minimum of three consecutive meetings
3. Participate in three club service projects
4. Participate in an inter-club (visit another Kiwanis Club as a group)
5. Participate in a spiritual aims project
6. Undergo Membership Orientation Training
7. Produce a clean Police Character Reference Certificate and undergo a background check
8. Pay a non-refundable $35 application fee and submit a completed application form
9. Pay annual club dues after your application is approved by the club's Board of Directors
10. Be inducted into active membership status
Members and guests are expected to conform to the established dress code policies when attending club meetings. The dress code should reflect professionalism at all times as Kiwanis is an organization of business professionals.
Members who choose to wear a Kiwanis Shirt to meetings should wear a soft pants or skirt.